Feb 3, 2013

Proverbs 31:1-31 JOURNAL


The final chapter of the book of Proverbs is beautiful indeed. King Lemuel speaks of his mother and the wise woman. What is my reaction? I praise God because I truly believe God has given me this kind of wife. There are so many ways in which my wife is the fulfillment of this proverb. I have been extremely blessed and must never take that gift for granted. I pray God helps me be the grateful husband I need to always be. This Proverbs 31 woman – half the stuff on here she does I could never even dream of, even if we adjusted it to a modern context. My wife does many of these things and it is a major blessing in my life.

One aspect of this is I hope I can be the equivalent of a Proverbs 31 man, adjusted to the male’s role. Many of the things in this list are activities that if a husband did, he would love his wife most excellently, I should think. I want to be like that for my wife, ultimately for God. The beginning of the proverb is strong as well, as it has practical wisdom for those in a leadership capacity especially.

Overall, I really was blessed by reading through the Proverbs in this fashion and at this pace. I will be doing it again and I hope I pick up on many of the things I know I missed. I also hope that through the empowering of the Holy Spirit, I can actually walk in the way of Wisdom and stay off the path off the fool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

CONTACT INFO:

To find out more about the ministry of BACKPACK APOLOGETICS or to schedule a speaking event at your church or school, contact Vocab:

E-mail: vocab@vocabmalone.com