Feb 1, 2013

Proverbs 30:1-33 JOURNAL


The words of Agur here do display some differences from the rest of the proverbs I have read, yet there are also similar features (of course). I like these – some are very clear and straight up yet others have an enigmatic aspect to them.

The main lesson I take away from these is actually that I can gain wisdom by studying the creation. It is wise to observe the creation, take notes, and make practical application. I still don’t know if I have the intellect or patience for this, however, but I would like to learn.

 I also have enjoyed one thing time and again about the proverbs in general and about Proverbs 30 in particular: the parent/child instruction. I am a parent of four young boys and I am tempted to print out some of these and tape them all over my children’s bedroom! Of course, these same ones about how to treat your mother and father apply to me still, albeit in a different context.

Another thing good about this chapter is the psalm-like prayer in the beginning – it helps me see the wise man prays and admits his confusion to the Lord. Likewise, the Psalms have great accolades for the Word of God and it was a breath of fresh air to see that kind of affirmation here in the Proverbs. It reminds me yet again that true wisdom does not come from me or any other source for that matter – true wisdom is from Yahweh alone. Thankfully, he has deposited his truth to us in a book which we can read and take in and it can make us wise, even unto salvation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

CONTACT INFO:

To find out more about the ministry of BACKPACK APOLOGETICS or to schedule a speaking event at your church or school, contact Vocab:

E-mail: vocab@vocabmalone.com