Jan 23, 2013

Proverbs 28:1-29:27 JOURNAL


Quite a few proverbs here deal with the contrast between righteous and wicked rulers. Unjust rulers are a judgment on a wicked people. They lead people astray and oppress those who are weaker. Righteous rulers bring stability and use wisdom to lead, all the while protecting the poor and weak. This is such a timely message.

I can’t help but think of the United States over the past 40 years or so. I believe there is a decline in many ways. It is tragic to witness but I know that I share in the responsibility. I know the church in America must receive plenty of the blame. My reaction as I look at this section is “what can I do?” and “how can I do it?” I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is the only life-changing answer to our nation’s woes but I know I don’t do nearly enough.

I know I am so influenced by the culture in so many ways. I want to be wise and help bring about much needed revival but I also want to be lazy and run away into escapism, such as comic books and science fiction. I’m serious. I must first look in a mirror when I see the state of our country’s leadership. My prayer is that the Lord grants me and those around me wisdom in how to engage the culture and how to lead Christ’s church.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

CONTACT INFO:

To find out more about the ministry of BACKPACK APOLOGETICS or to schedule a speaking event at your church or school, contact Vocab:

E-mail: vocab@vocabmalone.com