Jan 17, 2013

Proverbs 16:1-22:16 JOURNAL


This section of the book of Proverbs deals a lot with the tongue.

I want to be a person who speaks wise words at the right time in the right way. I also want to be one who is wise enough to know when not to speak but to be quiet. I want to be able to hold my tongue when I am feeling angry especially. I also felt a challenge to become a better overall communicator.

These proverbs spoke of eloquence and speaking wisely and speaking with graciousness. These things are pleasurable to the hearers and also to kings; those in authority over me. I desire to be able to speak clearly, precisely and wisely to all. It seems as if it is not enough to have wisdom and know when to speak it but one also must know exactly how to say it. This way it is understood and even enjoyed by the hearers.

One other thing that stood out to me from this section was the value of work. These proverbs instruct me to work harder and more efficient. These commands tell me I must do my absolute best, no matter what the job is before me at the moment.

I am trying to absorb all the sayings dealing with family, especially those having to do with raising children! This section made me wonder if I need to pick up Paul Wegner’s book about parenting from the Proverbs…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

CONTACT INFO:

To find out more about the ministry of BACKPACK APOLOGETICS or to schedule a speaking event at your church or school, contact Vocab:

E-mail: vocab@vocabmalone.com