Dec 8, 2011

My Run-In With Pastor Steven Anderson (rough draft)

My Run-In With Pastor Steven Anderson (rough draft)

Yesterday after work, my wife and I went over to Vital Records to acquire new birth certificates for our newly adopted sons (which is always a touching experience). On the way there, I saw two men in suits out and about around Taylor and 15th Ave. It looked as if they were going door to door so I figured they were Jehovah’s Witnesses. I told my wife if I saw them on the way back home, I wanted to stop and speak with them.

On the way back, I did drive around and look for them for a few minutes. I did not see them but I did see a car with vanity plates reading ‘KJVONLY’. That immediately struck me as intriguing. I remember saying to myself, “Something’s afoot” (a humorous phrase if there ever was one). I got out to take a few pics of the plates. I WILL POST THE PICS TOMORROW. I also noticed some literature in the dashboard which mentioned Pastor Steven Anderson of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, AZ. At this point, I figured this car may belong to the dudes I saw earlier … and maybe they weren’t JWs but instead Indie-Fundy Baptists.

Eventually, I saw the pair emerge from a house again, so I pulled over by the curb beside them. When I first stopped them I told them, “When I first saw you guys I thought you were Jehovah’s Witnesses but it seems you’re not, is that right?” They laughed and said “No”. I told them that I am a Christian and I do some pastoral work at an area church. I asked them if they would like to talk about a few things.

After introducing ourselves, I discovered that this man was none other than Pastor Steven Anderson. Anderson has made national news several times for outrageous statements and actions, so I was aware of him and some of his beliefs (see the PS at the end of this entry for audio from an earlier encounter I had with one of his devotees). First, Pastor Anderson asked me how I knew I was saved. I told him it was all through God’s grace and I said a few other things. He seemed satisfied with my answer. Then he said, “BUT (he really emphasized the BUT) does your church teach that you can lose your salvation”. I told him “No, because we believe in the perseverance of the saints”; I mentioned this could also be called “preservation of the saints” (see the debate I did with a Roman Catholic blogger on this topic).

He seemed relieved but then kept pressing me, giving me examples of what he felt the practical implications of this doctrine would be. He gave an example of someone who says they came to faith “but then leaves the church and starts backsliding” (his word). “They start going to clubs and all that and never repent – are they saved?” I tried to talk about false converts and the importance of abiding and bearing fruit and he started accusing me of teaching a works based salvation.

I could see where he was going. I asked him this: “Can someone be a Christian if they do not submit to the Lordship of Christ in their life”? He looked right at me and said, “yes”. I said no, they can’t and brought up James discussion on the relationship between faith and works. He got out of this in a very creative manner: “James says faith without works is dead – but how can something be dead if it doesn’t exist? You’re saying their faith doesn’t exist but it does, it’s just dead.”

Then he went through a flurry of proof texts, such as Romans 3-4 and 1 Corinthians 3:10 - I do not recall where all of them were from but then he turned to I John 5:10-11: “Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. And this is the testimony, that God gave us eternal life, and this life is in his Son.” He ran through some scenarios from his interpretation of this verse and came to the conclusion that if you do not believe in once saved, always saved in the exact same way that he believes it (which I would say is a non-Lordship view), then you yourself are not saved and going to hell. You may wonder how one can get that from this verse and you would not be alone in your wondering. When I brought up 1 John 2:19 (as an example of false professors), he said “John is only talking about anti-Christs and backslidden Christians are not anti-Christs”. He gave the examples of King David, King Solomon and even King Saul and told me they were all three in heaven. His point is this: if you teach that true repentance and genuine salvation will always be followed by fruit (works) then you are a heretic. Pastor Anderson and his flock believe that all it takes is for someone to “believe on Jesus” and then it does not matter what they do or say after that – they are saved for the rest of their life and then go to heaven; admittedly, with very little reward.

Of course, I think the biblical view is that no true child of God will ever be lost (he brought up John 6 and John 10, which are good places to go to), and yet every true child of God will bear fruit. This is all over Scripture - Paul says in Ephesians 2:8-10 that this is one reason why we were saved! Pastor Steve, on the other hand, seems to say that mere assent or verbal agreement to some basic Christian doctrine means one is truly saved. What is so odd about all this is that Pastor Anderson is an Arminian! He holds dogmatically to an unbiblical version of perseverance but then destroys its foundation by slamming the doctrines of grace. Here is how I know this …

Pastor Anderson showed me several more passages and asked me several more (convoluted) questions. When I would try to clarify what he was asking me (I wanted him to define his terms), he became irritated. When I would answer with a qualification, he would say I was twisting the Scripture. As he did this (he did most of the talking), he told me he “didn’t like the term perseverance of the saints”. I asked him “why” and he said people who usually use that term have a works-based salvation. Even though I had some idea about his church’s focus on non-Lordship salvation as a cardinal doctrine, I was still taken aback. I was confused how perseverance of the saints could ever equal a works-based talking righteousness. As we began discussing these issues (or should I say as he began talking at me), he said he didn’t believe in that phrase because usually people have a Reformed understanding when they use it. When I told him I was Reformed, he told me “Reformed theology is a load of junk and a bunch of garbage”.

I asked him if he was part of the Free Grace Movement (sometimes called ‘antinomianism’ or even ‘cheap grace’). He said he had never heard of it and he just “read the Bible”. I mentioned how there has been something called the Lordship Salvation Controversy and many of the same issues he was bringing up had been raised (and I would even say adequately dealt with). As I asked him about the Lordship Salvation Controversy he curtly interjected: “I don’t believe in Lordship salvation”. What a startling thing for a Christian to say, I thought. I responded to his statement: “That’s the only kind, my friend”. That was the turning point for Pastor Steven. Even though he had been dominating the conversation, he had been relatively cordial up to this point – that began to change.

He turned to me and said: Oh yeah? Well, I tell you what, you can take a shovel and go dig up the bones of John Calvin wherever he is and worship him”. When I told him I don’t look at Calvin like that or follow him in that way, he said: “Or whoever your favorite Reformed idol is”. I said you don’t have to be Reformed to appreciate the Reformation. I said, “I think the church we should have an appreciation for history and understand its importance”. He replied with, “I don’t care. That was 500 years ago and I am living right here now”. When I began to speak he said, “What are you going to say? That we’d all be Catholic if there was no Reformation? Pfffsh – God’s always had his faithful people but you are in a false and man-made religion”.
We had only been conversing for 6-8 minutes and he was mainly preaching to me but then he said he was “gonna show me just one more passage”. He did and I commented on the passage and he said:

“You can go to hell”!

“What”?

“Yeah, you can literally go to hell.”

After he said this and rebuked me in the name of Jesus as a false teacher and a heretic, he began walking away. I wanted to continue on, so I said, “I challenge you to a public debate in your church on these issues.”

He looked disgusted and said “No, why should I because every Scripture I bring up you have twisted – so what would be the point? No, you obviously pulled over and stopped us just to argue but we have better things to do – like preach the gospel to these people.”
I quickly mentioned that I lived a few streets north of where he was – this was my neighborhood and I was concerned because he was teaching some false things in regards to salvation.
By now he was about ten feet away from me and walking briskly. I wanted him to come back so I said: “Now I can tell everyone that I met Pastor Steve Anderson, challenged him to a debate on his doctrine and he wouldn’t do it.”

He said, “Yeah, go ahead and you can also tell all of your little Reformed friends that they are all going to hell”.

I told him I would still want to do the debate but at this point he was walking away to a new house. I called after him and asked, “Well, then what about coming on our radio show to do it instead”?

He responded with “Look up debate in the dictionary. It’s just a bunch of people who sit around arguing with each other all day.”

I pointed out that he could also look it up in the Book of Acts where it says Paul went into the synagogues and debated the Jews there. They ignored me and began knocking on the door of the new house they were at. I was desperate to try to speak with this man and I felt this may be my one chance … so, for better or for worse, I goaded him (although what I said was truthful): “Pastor, it seems the Fruit of the Spirit is missing in your life. Especially patience but also gentleness, love, meekness, and self-control”.

He shot back: “Well the Bible says to rebuke false teachers”.

At this point he was really far away and I really wanted to talk to him to try to get some points across and to try to record. So I will admit I goaded him further in an attempt to get him to come back – to no avail. I said, “Man, you are just like I thought you would be – except worse.” He shouted from the porch he was on: “Oh yeah? Well, there’s something called the Great White Throne Judgment, buddy, and you’re gonna be there.” By this time they had moved onto a man painting his house and began speaking to him in Spanish. I sat in my car and listened for a while. They both were laughing with the man, being very friendly, and speaking Spanish to him (I noticed earlier one of them had a Santa Biblia.). The other man was not saying much, just painting and listening. Even though it seemed like he was trapped listening to them because he was painting, they were very friendly to him.

They left that man and went onto another block, passing by my parked car where I was sitting. Steve said into my window (they were rolled down): “Why don’t you get out here and preach the gospel to all these people so we don’t have to come down here and do it for you.” He literally said “so we don’t have to do it for you” – I exaggerate not.

I waited in my car, reading over John MacArthur’s The Gospel According to Jesus and looking at some Scripture passages. When I could tell they were done, I drove over by their car and began making one last attempt to speak with them. By this time, I had out my wife’s digital recorder and recorded it. However, I was literally walking after them while speaking and for the most part, they were completely ignoring me. The audio from their end is a bit rough but for the most part you can make out what he is saying to me. Especially awesome is the “we don’t have time for the paparazzi” comment. I will put up the audio tomorrow. In fact, I will update this post tomorrow and re-post it in a more polished and edited version – it is still a bit rough around the edges. But I wanted to write it down before I forgot what was said and put it up as soon as possible.

It is possible I could hear from them again because earlier I wrote a note to them and placed it in their windshield. It included my name and contact info and I said I wanted to talk to them.


NOTE: Now I’ve had one other run in with a member (Chris) of Faithful Word out on Mill Ave. I blogged about it and even included some small audio. Chris is the gentleman who carried an AR-15 to an Obama rally here in the Valley. In our convo, his main point to me was that is a person did not believe in the doctrine of once saved always saved (defined in cheap grace, not Reforemd, terms) then they themselves could not be saved. I WILL POST THE LINK TOMORROW.

36 comments:

  1. theologygeek6:35 AM

    I'm not surprised that Steven Anderson walked away from you. Anderson can memorize the bible, but he is clueless as what anything in the bible means. He's an extremist. Do any extremists have a grasp on what the words in their holy book of choice mean?

    I found it funny that he said you pulled over and stopped him to argue. He does that all the time. Watch his Youtube videos where he starts fights with the Border Patrol.

    I spent many years debating the bible. Those days are long gone. I have zero desire to do that any more. I'm at a point in my life where I would rather just sit back and watch the crazies. Anderson is nuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:43 PM

      Yes, you are right. Anderson is nuts! He is clueless about the Bible. He's a False 'preacher' with a false 'church'.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous12:41 PM

    Steven Anderson has a lot of knowledge but no wisdom. He cannot debate you because he cannot win. He has memorized scripture but he doesn't have the wisdom to apply it properly so he teaches the word of Steven Anderson instead of the Word of God and whenever someone confronts him or his wife about this they go on the defensive and become verbally abusive. He calls himself a man of God but I've never known a true man of God to use profanity to get his point across.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous5:45 PM

      Very true! Anderson is a very prideful hateful person. not a man of God at all!

      Delete
  3. Anonymous1:00 PM

    You both sounded like schoolyard boys. No maturity on either end. "Go to hell" and “Now I can tell everyone that I met Pastor Steve Anderson, challenged him to a debate on his doctrine and he wouldn’t do it.” Vacab, your tone makes it sound like you believe that you are the reason that you believe in sound Reformed doctrine, not elective grace. If he is a brother, Galatians 6:1. If he isn't a brother, then he is spiritually dead. You aren't interesting in caring for his soul as a lost person, you are interesting in winning debates.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why so many anonymous comments?

    Anyway, to the most recent one ... I admitted I was goading him when I said that. I do not think I am perfect or always have spotless motives. However, in that case my desire would be to have a public debate with the man so this kind of false teaching and nasty attitude can be exposed for what it is. I do not merely want to win a debate - I have pastoral concerns in this area. And I'm not really sure how you could know my exact motive with so much precision, anyway.

    A few other things: help me see what it is I said that led you to believe I think I am the reason I believe as opposed to elective grace? And do you really think what he said to me and what I said to him are on an equal level? I mean, did you hear that audio clip?

    Just wondering ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's what happens when you argue mythology with one another. It can go nowhere because there is nothing to prove anything and all the rational is biased in one way or another.

    Then you just need one bad seed amongst the fairy tale debaters and the blood starts to spill.

    Which is why we live in a secular country where such silly ideas have zero power.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous12:43 PM

      Yes, then you can have more time to argue the secular truths. That are based on ever changing so called facts. We are all truly laughable when we think we have the corner. On the truth.

      Delete
    2. They have a whole lot more power than your man made religion of evolution. Such a silly idea that such a complex world blew up into existance from soup and a tiny dot that came from nowhere blew up and made the beautiful world u see today.. what evolved first the brain or the eye ball since the sends communication to brain and the brain to the eye.. evolution is so foolish I would rather just admit there is a God almighty rather than promote such falsehood....and the great length you people go through to falsify the eveidence...thats why honest scientists that openly examine the truth understand God and science go hand and hand... dogs come from dogs....birds from birds.. cats from cats.. about the only evolution your gonna get is a wolf evolving into a golden retriever but they are of their own kind....not that we have uncles that are earthworms...lol...it amazes me that u atheist have NO pride shatsoevef and will believe anything as long as u can get rid of God. Www.focuspress.org... google kyle butt and listen to truthful scientists tell u how old this world is and where it came from...brad harrub has a dvd called Answering Atheism which destroys all allegations. Check out Lee Strobel as well....good luck.. we see where your myth gets u

      Delete
  6. This comment just appeared in my inbox as being posted but I don't see it here, so let me re-post it ...

    The Yogurt King has left a new comment on your post "My Run-In With Pastor Steven Anderson (rough draft...":

    that's what happens when you argue mythology with one another. It can go nowhere because there is nothing to prove anything and all the rational is biased in one way or another.

    Then you just need one bad seed amongst the fairy tale debaters and the blood starts to spill.

    Which is why we live in a secular country where such silly ideas have zero power.

    Posted by The Yogurt King to backpackapologetics.com at 11:23 AM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting read. I came here looking for information on Steven Anderson b/c a girl in my college group (that we teach) had posted a video on his "pre-trib myth". I just wanted to know his credentials. I found a few other things, but your remarks (even if they were only half-true) lead me to believe that he has some serious issues.

    Thanks for info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, he has some serious issues, not only with his personality but with his theology. However, I also am not pre-trib! Here is a show we did on it - http://backpack.podbean.com/e/losing-faith-in-the-rapture-09162012/

      Delete
  8. I don't mean to say that your remarks were half true. I just mean that IF only half the stuff you said was true, I would've made my decision on the guy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat. James White of Alpha and Omega Ministries also has some good information on him. And here is some audio I have where I ran into one of his followers - http://vocabmalone.blogspot.com/2010/12/must-one-believe-in-eternal-security-to.html

      Delete
  9. I like that he is willing to be counter-cultural. Now if he could only be nicer - and less wrong LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Malone please send me your email... I doubt I will ever be back here. Try to tweet @coachjim559 I want to talk to u about Truth.... or calsting559@gmail.com this is not my primary email but ill keep an eye on it for awhile..look forward to speaking with you.

      Delete
  10. I would like to talk to you about your doctrine. I believe there are multiple verses that talk about losing your faith.. its a very important topic..I have been to many denominations and there are so many that sway to the rightt or left of biblical authority. I have studied the topic and examined myself to see if I was within the faith. First off I would just like to ask for you to show me 1 verse where a non christian prays a prayer or "asksJesus into their heart" and r saved...bible context is so important. If u can tweet me an email to @coachjim559 I will respond to by email. Thanks... seek truth. Mathew chapter 7 says many will say to me Lord Lord...did we not prophesy in your name or in your name cast out demons or do mighty works in your name? And Jesus said to them Depart from me you evildoers I never knew u? Jesus is talking to folks who thought they were christians and doig the right thing but they were outside of His will and doing things mans way there own way and all their works were in vain. There are plain veeses where Paul says "lest ye fall away" u can twist and twist but then u will be faced with many other verses to deal with. Please dont get offended im just trying to help becuz u where actually both spreading false doctrine and this is a chance for u to learn the truth. Im in central California... @coachjim559 (twitter) God Bless U!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No sweat, listen to this -http://backpack.podbean.com/e/perseverance-of-the-saints-122610/

      Delete
  11. Don't you think that it is a problem that there is no evidence in the Early Christian Church of the belief that "once saved, always saved"? In fact, quite the opposite. There are plenty of early Christian pastors and theologians in the first three to four centuries AD who warn Christians not to be complacent in their faith and live a life of willful sin...lest they perish to eternal damnation.

    I grew up evangelical. I witnessed many persons pray the Sinner's Prayer or go forward during an Altar Call and make what seemed to be very genuine professions of faith. These people then went on to witness to others about salvation through faith in Christ, attend Church and prayer meetings, etc. for a number of years.

    They NOW never darken a church door or read a Bible. One person has converted to be a Muslim to marry her Arab husband, completely abandoning the Christian faith. I know of others who became murderers and child molesters and are unrepentant. I know others who are now living lives of sexual immorality and believe that there is nothing wrong with their behavior.

    Do you really believe that if one of these former believers dies...he or she will go to heaven???

    I know one Lutheran mother who's daughter became an evangelical and had a "born again" experience. A short time later the daughter started living with her boyfriend. Her mother warned her that what she was doing is sin, and that ongoing willful sin against God places her salvation in jeopardy. The daughter replied, "Don't worry, Mom. I'm covered. I was born again, and if you are born again there is no way you can lose your salvation no matter what you do. Lutherans are wrong."

    Neither infant baptism nor an adult "born again" experience is a "Get-into-heaven-free" card! Salvation only occurs by the grace of God, received through faith. No faith, no salvation.

    The Christian whose faith and trust is in the Lord need never worry about his eternal security/his salvation. Our salvation is not dependent on how many good works we do. But, the believer who takes his salvation for granted, turns his back on God and lives a life of sin is endangering his soul and very well may wake up one day in hell!

    The doctrine of Eternal Security is an invention of the Calvinists, codified at the Synod of Dort. It is false teaching. It did not exist in the Early Church. It is a license to sin! The Doctrine of Eternal Security is not scriptural!

    I encourage evangelicals to read this Lutheran statement on this issue:

    http://www.hopelcms.org/default.aspx?pg=87ac4963-1ad2-499c-8a26-0304068bf63c

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anderson has some good things about him. It seems to me he takes the Bible seriously, has studied alot, is well read, very smart. He has some things right IMO, standing for the KJV, once saved always saved, stance on Calvinism being a messed up system. He would probably say the same about Arminianism too. However, he is messed up on a bunch of stuff, eschatology, non-dispensational view of the Bible. His starts yelling and takes fits when he gets frustrated. He no longer answers my questions on his youtube page because they upset his theological view.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous5:37 PM

    not trying to be smart here, but why don't you just challenge him to a fight in a parking lot somewhere to settle this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why would I do that? Besides, have you seen what he does to pulpits?

      Delete
  14. Proud Lesbian11:55 PM

    I am SO GLAD for this opportunity to post anonymously, their blogs. They are all about censorship, which is why I have never gotten a single, solitary comment posted to any of their blogs! They also threw away my 18-year-old Battleship Texas postcard I'd kept since 4th grade and sent years 3 ago (Feb. 2011), never mentioning anything about homosexuality or their beliefs, and refused to add my city to their stupid little "Cantering the Country" map.

    I have read the Bible cover to cover, and not ONE TIME is the word "Lesbian" mentioned, nor is there a female equivalent of Leviticus 20:13 nor a single homosexual female character from Genesis through Revelation, yet he preaches against us as though we're just as bad as the "Sodomites!"

    Well, I stand by my belief 100% that lesbians are THE HEALTHIEST GROUP OF WOMEN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH, and will do so until the day I die, most likely well after 100. We have the lowest annual coldrate (number of colds per year), I myself having not had one since I entered my 30's (I'm a 1983 Gemini, so do the math), and young children under 10, regardless of whether they attend school, daycare, a library book club, a church nursery, or just a regular church congregation like his where nurseries don't exist, are at the other end of the spectrum, averaging more than 6 colds per year!!!

    So here I am on this cold, icy day, laughing my Lesbian ass off through a clear nose, thanks to my LACK OF KIDS and 8+ hours of sleep each night, while Zsuzsanna is on "modified bed rest," trying to save her 1 surviving twin boy from suffering the same fate as did his dead brother in there! I think it's hilarious that, despite them not going to school or eating fast food (i.e. McD's, BK, etc.), she and her kids STILL manage to catch colds/illnesses, and so does their "Superman" of a daddy!!! I have heard him sneeze, sniffle, and cough in so many of his sermons that it is UNBELIEVABLE and has me SO GLAD I'm over 10 hours away, not a member of a church, and a short-haired, pants-wearing, 30-year-old, CHILDLESS, VIRGIN LESBIAN!!!!!!! Muahahahahahahahah!!!!!!! Jealous BASTARDS!!!!!!!


    Sincerely,
    Sender of Battleship Texas card with beautiful cursive penmanship in Feb. 2011

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Proud Lesbian11:57 PM

      Whoops, this copy has a typo.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous10:42 AM

      Dear Proud Lesbian. I just wanted to comment on one small detail. Pride is a sin. Did you know that? I'm guilty of that and a host of other sins. I have a bad temper, I have lusted, had an abortion, taken the LORD's name in vain, lied, stolen and probably many other sins. Being a homosexual is the least of our worries. The question is... Do we need a saviour for the other sins we have committed? I know I do. I'm writing this with love and concern for your soul and where you will be after you die. Being homosexual is not the all important, unforgivable sin you think Christians think it to be. We are ALL sinners. We have all lied, cheated, or broken at least one of the ten commandments which are GOD's moral law. We need a Saviour and He is Jesus Christ the LORD. Thanks for reading this. p.s. I'm very glad you are a healthy person. That's very nice, but you know we eventually ALL die and the important thing is to make sure of your final destination. from Linda, a mom, gramma, wife, Christian and concerned for peoples' souls person. :):)

      Delete
  15. Proud Lesbian11:56 PM

    I am SO GLAD for this opportunity to post anonymously, as I have tried to do so many times on their personal blogs. They are all about censorship, which is why I have never gotten a single, solitary comment posted to any of their blogs! They also threw away my 18-year-old Battleship Texas postcard I'd kept since 4th grade and sent years 3 ago (Feb. 2011), never mentioning anything about homosexuality or their beliefs, and refused to add my city to their stupid little "Cantering the Country" map.

    I have read the Bible cover to cover, and not ONE TIME is the word "Lesbian" mentioned, nor is there a female equivalent of Leviticus 20:13 nor a single homosexual female character from Genesis through Revelation, yet he preaches against us as though we're just as bad as the "Sodomites!"

    Well, I stand by my belief 100% that lesbians are THE HEALTHIEST GROUP OF WOMEN ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH, and will do so until the day I die, most likely well after 100. We have the lowest annual coldrate (number of colds per year), I myself having not had one since I entered my 30's (I'm a 1983 Gemini, so do the math), and young children under 10, regardless of whether they attend school, daycare, a library book club, a church nursery, or just a regular church congregation like his where nurseries don't exist, are at the other end of the spectrum, averaging more than 6 colds per year!!!

    So here I am on this cold, icy day, laughing my Lesbian ass off through a clear nose, thanks to my LACK OF KIDS and 8+ hours of sleep each night, while Zsuzsanna is on "modified bed rest," trying to save her 1 surviving twin boy from suffering the same fate as did his dead brother in there! I think it's hilarious that, despite them not going to school or eating fast food (i.e. McD's, BK, etc.), she and her kids STILL manage to catch colds/illnesses, and so does their "Superman" of a daddy!!! I have heard him sneeze, sniffle, and cough in so many of his sermons that it is UNBELIEVABLE and has me SO GLAD I'm over 10 hours away, not a member of a church, and a short-haired, pants-wearing, 30-year-old, CHILDLESS, VIRGIN LESBIAN!!!!!!! Muahahahahahahahah!!!!!!! Jealous BASTARDS!!!!!!!


    Sincerely,
    Sender of Battleship Texas card with beautiful cursive penmanship in Feb. 2011

    ReplyDelete
  16. Steven Anderson is a wonderful man of God. Found his videos a couple months ago and have been listening ever since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Anderson display the fruit of the Spirit?

      Delete
    2. Anonymous7:49 PM

      Lol, did you display the fruit of the spirit in your conduct as well? I am sure you are not going to tell the complete truth of your conversation you had with him, I would be the same, I am out Soul Winning, NOT out to debate with some John MacArthur backing heretic who says you have to make Jesus Lord of your life, Vocab, i'm sure you are living a sinless life considering you're very wholesome hobbies.

      Delete
  17. And if you think he is extreme then you think God is extreme because he preaches that Bible more thorough than most. God bless you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is not a strong exegete. At all. He brags about it but ... no.

      Delete
  18. Anonymous8:17 AM

    Proud lesbian you sound so stupid. You're a sodomite & a pervert and I dont believe for 1 sec you've read the whole bible. The book of romans will tell you your immoral and a reprobate. They really should execute sodomites they are filthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What kind of comment is this? What is wrong with you? Come on, anonymous @8:17am, be like Christ, not a jerk. So unhelpful.

      Delete
  19. Anderson is a champion. I was back sliden and his YouTube videos brought me back to Christ and into KJV.
    I don't know a Christian alive that serves God like Anderson does. I live in Australia and he has gotten to me. He reminds me of the heart of King David. God bless him. Keep winning souls Anderson. No one else is doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Let me ask you a question, how many sins did Jesus die for? Did He not die for all sins of all of mankind? The issue of salvation is God's determined justice to forgive all sin. God, as a perfect holy God, can not forgive sins without justice. God's justice always requires consequences or He wouldn't be just. The one who sins doesn't tell the one who forgives, I think you should accept my terms of forgiveness. The one offended makes the rules of what it will take for them to forgive. In God's perfect and righteous justice He chose the consequence of taking a life, the shedding of blood to be the propitiation for the sins of mankind. As the blood of Yeshua was given, then and only then could God forgive AFTER He saw the penalty paid in full. A price had to be paid. "Do you not know you have been bought with a price, the precious blood of Jesus Christ?" The Bible says in Isaiah, "He saw it and was satisfied." The price had been paid in full, "it is accomplished" Yeshua said in His last breaths. The issue of forgiveness of sin was now compete. There was no longer a need to pay for one's sins, they were paid in full at the cross. The issue now isn't how to pay for sin but rather is Yeshua your Savior or your judge.
    Paul asks a very interesting question in Romans 6:1 "6 What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? Why would he ask this question? Because as a person freed from the penalty of sin, as Christ freed us from, and now grace covers all our sins SHOULD we sin because essentially we have eternal life and grace will now cover every sin. Paul is asking just because Christ paid the price and we are now forgiven SHOULD we go on sinning because all sin has been paid for. As we all know Christ died before we were born, therefore we hadn't committed any sins when Christ died, but God knew all our sins and died for the sins, in the past and in the future.
    You said, "I asked him this: “Can someone be a Christian if they do not submit to the Lordship of Christ in their life”? The answer is there is nowhere in the Bible that says salvation comes by making Christ Lord of your life every minute of every day. Why? Because if Christ was Lord of your life you'd never sin again, and let's face it we all sin.
    So according to you, if you sin and then at that moment of sin, Christ in not Lord of your life then you have lost your salvation. Because the only thing then to restore you would be Christ dying for you again.and that's not going to happen.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Follow by Email

Share it

CONTACT INFO:

To find out more about the ministry of BACKPACK APOLOGETICS or to schedule a speaking event at your church or school, contact Vocab:

E-mail: vocab@vocabmalone.com