Jul 31, 2009

10 THINGS I LEARNED FROM 10 YEARS OF MINISTRY

This list is in no particular order. It is not meant to make me sound like an all-wise oracle but rather something I needed to get off my chest - hopefully others can benefit from it:


10 THINGS I LEARNED FROM 10 YEARS OF MINISTRY


1. True unity only comes from true doctrine (not all unity is good unity!)

EPHESIANS 4:1-16

2. The local church is absolutely essential to everything

HEBREWS 10:24-25

3. Not all who are “with” us are “of” us

I JOHN 2:19

4. Watch out for the big talkers

EPHESIANS 5:5-7

5. You are not doing God a “favor” by being in ministry

LUKE 17:7-10

6. Spiritual immaturity brings … well, more spiritual immaturity

MATTHEW 7:16-17

7. If your version of the Gospel is not Christ-centric – then it ain’t the Gospel

I CORINTHIANS 15:1-11


8. Have God’s goals in the beginning or you won’t make it to the end

JAMES 4:1-10

9. Truth must take precedence over talent and Christ must take precedence over culture

ROMANS 12:1-2

10. A ministry without real evangelism and discipleship is not a ministry

MATTHEW 28:19-20

Most of this I have learned within the context of an urban music setting but I think it applies to all. I have tons of examples for each point and will be sharing some of them tonight in a talk I am giving at REDEEMED CHURCH in Phoenix, Arizona. The spot is on the SE corner of 27th Ave. & Glendale. Beside a 7/11 and behind a Greyhound bus station.

2 comments:

  1. Some great lessons, definitely worth passing on. A couple of these just made me shake my head and say, "Too true brother. Too true!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Pastor V ...
    now I am just waiting to see your list!

    vm

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!

Follow by Email

There was an error in this gadget

CONTACT INFO:

To find out more about the ministry of BACKPACK APOLOGETICS or to schedule a speaking event at your church or school, contact Vocab:

E-mail: vocab@vocabmalone.com